It's What's Inside That Counts may sound like a cliche but its the founding principle of a Yogic Lifestyle.
Yoga is a system, not of beliefs, but of techniques, practices and guidance for enriched living. Yoga literally means union of the mind, body and spirit with the Divine. In western cultures, we often think of Yoga as just the mat poses, or asanas, but a Yogic Lifestyle includes so much more.
"We are living in a world that conditions us to believe that outer attainments can give us what we want. Yet again and again our experiences show us that nothing external can completely fulfill the deep longing within for "something more.” Nora Sundari Benian, Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist
There are many different approaches and styles of yoga from different lineages. No right or wrong choice just experiment with what's right for you. Our workshops teach a Hatha Yoga practice style combining elements the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga as developed by Dr Deepak Chopra, and a more traditional Hatha style Yoga based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda and summarized in his Five Points of Yoga.
1. Proper Exercise (Asanas) - Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility and improving circulation.
2. Proper Breathing (Pranayama) - Deep, conscious breathing reduces stress and many diseases.
3. Proper Relaxation - Helps keep the body from going into overload mode, easing worry and fatigue.
4. Proper Diet - Eating simple, healthy and vegetarian foods that are easy to digest notably have a positive effect on the mind and body, as well as the environment and other living beings.
5. Positive Thinking (Vedanta) and Meditation (Dhyana) - These are the true keys to achieving peace of mind and eliminating negativity in our lives.
At Salish Sea Well Being, we offer easy to follow programs for yogis at all 'ages & stages' including instruction in breathing techniques, restorative practice and chair yoga for those who may have physical challenges or are recovering from injury or illness.
Click Here for a schedule of current programs. For more information about custom yoga classes for your group or organization, please give us a call in Victoria at 778-677-6550, email@example.com
Sign up for our Newsletter and Receive Even More Balanced Lifestyle Tips & Workshop Updates in Your Inbox